Thursday, March 1, 2012

New month - New Milestone

Today it is a new month, 1st of March, and new major milestone at work. Today I launched a new Intranet and Extranet to my company's organization.

The new solution is based on SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Edition. I started the the project in December 2011, and work part time on together with other tasks like a new corporate website plus multiple other projects.

To kick-start the project, I used AutoSPInstaller to install SharePoint. In previous SharePoint projects I have created the PowerShell scripts myself. Fun, to a point - but since I didn't want to spend time in developing and maintaining this now - I decided to go for AutoSPInstaller. A good choice.

The installation went quite smooth. After installation I needed to change the urls, in IIS host headers and SharePoint Central Admin's AAM.

Adding a application server, and moving services from WFE to APP server was more less only stop services on WFE and start them on the APP Server.

After this, it was more or less the standard SharePoint tasks like creating web application, site collections, adding permissions, etc....

My next task is now to configure SCOM, and tune that for SharePoint.


Experienced some problems:

No comments:

Post a Comment