Friday, May 25, 2012

Cycling GPS analyse


Analysis of GPS tracking for cycling

Yesterday I bought a Garmin EDGE 800 with HR and Cadence sensor. Up til now I mainly used my BlackBerry phone to track cycling to and from work. I originally used the GPSLogger app for Blackberry, but lately I switched to Endomondo.  The BlackBerry has been in my backpack.

Sometimes I have been riding alone to work, and other times I been riding in a group of 2-4 people. Now that I get HR data, I expected then energy consumption calculation to be much more accurate.

Summary

Some big differences in calories and elevation gain - see summary and details below. 

I hadn't calibrated the altitude on Edge 800 before my workout, but that shouldn't influence then increase/decrease. The Edge 800 uses barometric to measure height, which is much more accurate than the satellite based.



Strava.com

Tracked with Edge 800

 

Tracked with Blackberry Curve 9000 with Endomondo


Endomondo

Tracked with EDGE 800

Tracked with Blackberry Curve 900


Garmin Connect





No comments:

Post a Comment